Wednesday

Appointment

We had our first appointment yesterday, complete with a 4D ultrasound. :) Our baby, who will more than likely be called a she until we know for sure, was so beautiful! The heart rate was 175 (I think). I know it was in the 170s. I was so excited to see that baby IN there! I told Bob...doesn't matter that I took 10 pregnancy tests, until I see that baby I can hardly BELIEVE it! "She" was there. And just the one! Not multiple, as some may have hoped!

There are a couple of things we would like to ask you to pray for. One is a small cyst on one of my ovaries. The doctor isn't concerned, but still...and the second is that I have the same bleeding on my uterus just like what happened with Maleah. A fairly common event, but still something to be watched. No heavy lifting, and we have to have another ultrasound at our next appt., which is 4 weeks from today. I praise God for this though. With Emily, laying on that table at 17 weeks, waiting for him to find the heartbeat and not being able to, was the most heartbreaking thing in my life. With Maleah, we never had to do that. The ultrasound always came first. God was gracious in that. By the time we had to lay on the table, she was moving around to where I could feel her and know she was ok. Such a blessing that again, I don't have to lay on that table and wait to see if there's a heartbeat. I'm so thankful for that. Just pray that in the next month or two that spot will be gone, just as with Maleah, and that our baby will be healthy and strong.

I have experienced some awful nausea over the last few weeks. The doc prescribed me meds for that...and boy am I appreciative! I've been trying to follow the pregnancy diet, to eat more variety of small things that are healthy...and less milk shakes and french fries :) Pray for me in that as well! I don't want to gain 60 lbs. this time around! (Even if most of it WAS water weight!)

I'll keep updated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He might not like being called "she"!
Love ya! Mom

Anonymous said...

If it's making you sick...it's a BOY!!

Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a girl again this time!!! I guess we will have to wait and see! I am so happy for you guys!!

Love Ya! Stacy