Thursday

The Weight has been Lifted!

Pastor's message on Sunday took a weight of my shoulders that I'm not even sure I knew was there. He spoke on witnessing, and on what is expected of us as Christians to witness. You know what??? We don't have to save people. We don't have to have all the answers. We don't have to debate theology. We don't have to tell them our church doctrine. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS TELL THEM ABOUT JESUS!

WHAT A RELIEF!

I didn't realize how much I am afraid to talk to people about Christ. I didn't realize the fear I had in someone asking a question I can't answer. I didn't realize the fear I had in not knowing all the answers. I don't have to.

Romans Road
The ABCs

These are important. If someone wants to debate theology, I'm most definately not the one to do it! But I can tell them about Christ and what he did for all of us. It's really simple. It's amazingly simple.

I hope that I will become stronger about talking to people in my life who are unsaved, knowing I don't have to save them. It's not our job to save people. It IS our job to tell them about Christ. God will work on their heart from there.

AMEN to that!

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

Great post with some great truths! I loved his sermon too.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a t-shirt that read, "Preach Christ at all times... if necessary, use words."

Sometimes we show Christ more without even opening our mouths... like when we help someone or be the example of doing the "right" thing. We show Christ the most by loving others, not being critical, and by not being hypocritical. That's when people get curious and want to know why we're "different" than everyone else they know.

Love ya!

Aunt Mary in Alabama