Wednesday

A Mixed Bag...

Today I am filled with many emotions. I am sad that John McCain lost. I am frustrated that the democrats will have complete control in Washington. I am truly sad that in just two months, President Bush will no longer be our president. I am irritated that on the news this morning, they were already calling Obama "President Obama", not even "President-Elect" just "President" and it's irritating because people can't even muster up enough decency and respect to call our current president PRESIDENT Bush. Regardless of the feelings you may have towards our president, he has worked very hard these last 8 years. I hear people complain all the time about how much they can't stand him, and there is so much hatred there....You know what? One - he is our president. Any president we have deserves respect. When Obama takes office, I don't have to agree with him, but I can respect him as our president if nothing else. Two - how many times have we been attacked in the last 7 years???? People neglect the fact that President Bush has kept us safe on our own soil since the Sept. 11th attacks. For that we should ALL be grateful.

I am also very excited because Issue 6 was voted down and GEORGE LAVENDER IS SHERIFF!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

I've had a hard time since last night. I stopped watching the election coverage when Obama won Ohio. We watched Gilmore Girls instead. I needed something light. Something to take my mind off of my disappointment. As I look ahead, I have two months to get to the point of accepting that whether I like it or not, things are going to change. I don't like change, especially not change that I don't even desire. But it's going to come. So we need to pray for Barack Obama and everyone in Washington.

We need to pray that:
...he is kept safe from harm.
...he will make more moderate decisions as president.
...he will work with the republicans and not just dominate with far left decisions.
...he will NOT put into effect the Freedom of Choice Act.
...he will NOT pull the troops out of Iraq & Afghanistan.
...he will make Godly decisions, constantly communicating with God to be sure that he is following God's will.
...he will be humbled with this position.

There's alot more we'll need to pray for. Make your prayer list and pray. Dedicate yourself to it. Sometimes I feel like God doesn't hear us...but then I stop and wonder, are we really crying out to Him? Or do we just accept whatever is before us? There's alot I'm afraif of. I have to rely on God to take that fear away, knowing regardless of who is president, He is still in control. I think it's important we all remember that.

You don't have to get on the Obama-wagon....but when he steps into office on Jan. 20th, accept him as your president. (Wow. That was SOOO hard to say!) :)

Thanks for listening. Sorry if it was a mess....that's sort of how I am today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Even if Obama wasn't your choice for president, when he takes the oath of office, he should have all our respect. President Bush may have made some mistakes over the past years, but he did what he thought was best.We have to pray that as Obama steps in as our next President that he to does what he feels is right and just for ALL americans! God will be watching over Obama and help him in his decision making! I have to believe that or it will be a long 4 years until the next election!
Stacy