Wednesday

Do Not Worry....

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-Matthew 6:34


It seems such a simple verse...and really is true to our lives...but how do we stop worrying? In this time in our country, I think we all find ourselves doing just that. So how do we stop? I wish I could answer that question. I could say "just believe God's word" but the truth is, I read it, I know what it says, and I'm still scared out of my mind. Bob got an email this morning...regional jobs will be lost...We won't know until Monday who...but it's terrifying. I don't want to worry. I don't want the fear of what hasn't even happened yet control my now. I don't want to anticipate the bad to the point that I make myself sick, only to later find out that everything is ok...

I have to believe that whether he loses his job or not...everything will STILL be ok. I can look and say "I don't know how". Insurance costs would kill us to go with my company...as well as many other small issues we could list all day long...but the truth is, there really is no point in worrying about it right now. We may as well just wait and deal with it when we find out for sure.

Believing that God will take care of us, and that His plan is greater than anything we could ever have in mind for ourselves....those are things I can trust in when I can trust in nothing else.

Bottom line....GOD IS IN CONTROL.

:) Amen to that! :)

5 comments:

Stacy said...

It is very hard not to worry! Our economy is so bad and everyday we hear of another major company that is laying off or doing away with jobs. Having faith is how I get through it! Knowing and believing with all my heart that GOD will take care of us and help us get through whatever comes our way. Without GOD in our lives this world would be a much more scary place!! Take comfort in the fact that GOD is in control and he will bring you through it!!

Have a GREAT day!
Love You!

Anonymous said...

Everything will work out- Keep to your awesome faith and God will pull you through- Our God is awesome! I'll say a prayer for you guys! If you need anything, just let me know!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying!

Love,
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Bob Speakman said...

Thank you for the prayers! Everything seems to be fine for the time being.

God will always take care of us; especially when people pray!