Thursday

God is Good

I had a breathing test today. As part of that test, I was on a special diet yesterday. I was drained of all energy, I had a monster headache throughout the day, and had to fast beginning at 8 PM. I prayed that I could get through the day and especially the night. I didn't know how I was going to fast all evening, when I am used to having my late-evening snacks and also used to staying up until roughly 11:30. I figured it was definitely going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG night.

Well, God is so good.

Thanks to my headache, I had to lay my head down. I laid on the couch about 8:15 PM to try to get it to stop thumping while the kids and Bob were playing in Alex's room. I woke up at 10:45, got ready for bed, and was back out almost immediately. Aside from waking up once during the night when my my sweet Alex was yelling for me, I slept until 5:30 :)

Had it not been for the headache, I very well WOULD have had a long evening. But the headache gave me rest, and therefore my thoughts were not on what I could not have to eat or drink.

God is in everything in our lives - from the large to the miniscule - and He was definitely with me through the night.

He deserves all our praises and that is what I want to do! So rather large or small - I will give all credit where it is due - to Him and only Him :)

No comments: