Tuesday

Confession #78

I am a big chicken. An even bigger chicken than I realized!

I was sitting on the couch Saturday night, Bob wasn't home yet, it was after 9:00, and I was reading a book I got from Praises...a Christian fiction...suspense about a murder. And I am enthralled with this book. It got really detailed, and I felt like I was there with the woman who was frantically trying to run away...Suddenly I became very very aware of the fact that it's now dark outside and the curtains are open and the windows are open and I'm alone. I couldn't even look at the windows! I tried calling Bob on his cell 5 times and he wouldn't answer! I was getting more and more creeped out. I couldn't even get off the couch because I felt like any movement would draw something my way....Then the phone rang...As soon as it rang, I picked it up, assuming it was Bob. Nope. It was Brad from church. I felt so dumb! I took comfort of the fact I was on the phone with SOMEONE and hurried up and got off the couch and went into the dining room, where I could see anyone coming from outside, yet was still fairly well hidden. Thankfully, not long after the phone rang, Bob pulled up. He wasn't allowed to leave my side for a good 15 minutes...and now I am only allowed to read the book when he's home. It's a really GOOD book though. Eyes of Elisha by Brandilyn Collins. GOOD GOOD book!

What can I say? I've always been a little over-dramatic!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna read that book when your finished!!!!

Stacy

Anonymous said...

A little over-dramatic? That is an understatement my dear child! Love Ya! Mom

Anonymous said...

I read "The Omen" on a summer night and it was around midnight when I got to the scary part about the cemetery.

Needless to say, I put the book down for the night and kept the light on for a while!!!

Aunt Mary

~ Brandilyn Collins said...

Randi, so glad you're enjoying Eyes of Elisha. Do keep the nightlight on. You should visit my web site and check out the Big Honkin' Chickens Club page. Sounds like you're a member, although a brave one, because you're reading the book. You're about to earn yourself a mouse pad. :)

www.brandilyncollins.com

Bob Speakman said...

I would read a scary book, but I'd fall asleep while reading it. :(

The last "scary" book I read was called "House". Miranda didn't think it was good. I thought it was creepy, but good.