Monday

Me Thinking Aloud...in Writing...

I have decided I want to do everything I can to supress my negativity. I was a much happier person when I didn't see all the bad in the world around me. There's alot of bad. ALOT. Bob and I were talking the other day about how I was happier when I worked as a secretary because I was constantly dealing with clients, so I couldn't dwell in my bad mood because I had to put a smile on for them, and then by the end of the day I was actually in a good mood. I need to get back to that. I sit in my office and don't see many people, so it's easy to get lost in the quiet and think about things I don't want to think about. I've decided that I will not focus on the negative...that I will be positive...and in turn I SHOULD get back to being that positive person again.

My point in telling you this? Accountability. We all need it. You can be mine. Don't let me dwell on the negative either. Life's too short...and believe it or not...there are good things going on as well as the bad... :)

Our youth group is doing this study on Experiencing God....I missed the last week of it because Maleah was sick...but the study was on this same sort of topic. Too many times something bad happens to us...or something we don't expect...and we let it take over us, instead of seeing what God will bring out of it. The example used was the writer found out his daughter had cancer. They had everyone praying for her, and when they went back for additional testing it was gone. They could have asked "Why? Why God did you allow this to happen?" But they didn't. They had people pray and what happened as a result? The people they spoke with to pray talked about how they had a dry prayer life, and their praying for her revived something in their relationship with the Lord. So as a result of the early testing, many people's relationships were renewed.

I don't tell it so well, but it was an amazing story. It shows us that if we step back, follow God and allow Him to take control....good things will come out of bad situations.

Amen to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!!!