Monday

Bob's Confessions #4

I haven't done one of these in awhile so I thought I would. I was going through all of the dumb things I've said and done over the course of the last 28+ years to come up with a confession...

What I found is that spilling your guts on a blog sucks. Anyhow, here's something for you:

I bawled my eyes out watching The Notebook.

That is the single greatest love story movie of all time. It was some amazing writing and acting... and I will never watch it again.

I have no problem admitting that I cry from time to time. Mostly over very sad things. That movie... had some seriously sad parts.

I sobbed over "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie & the Blowfish). If you haven't heard this song and you have a child.. don't listen to it.

Why did I cry over the movie? Because it was about loving someone so much that you'd give everything just for a few seconds with them.

Why did I cry over the song? Because it was about your little girl growing up and not being little anymore.

I love Miranda and Maleah with all of my heart... That's why I cried.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Bob, you are such a great husband and a wonderful father! Miranda, Maleah, & Alex are lucky to have you!!
The Notebook is my most favorite movie of all time and the Darius Rucker song is amazing and yep they make you cry!! That just means that it touching a part of your heart for some reason or another!!
Thanks for sharing Bob!!

Anonymous said...

If you cried over the notebook, dont watch nights in rodanthe...oh my goodness, i sob and sob everytime i watch it....I'll let you guys borrow it

Bob Speakman said...

Brooke, you said "don't watch nights in rodanthe" and then "I'll let you guys borrow it"... That makes no sense! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL- its worth crying over.....I know, looking back, it really didnt make sense...ha, good ol weird-o me.