Wednesday

Count Your Blessings....

Each and every day I find that I need to look around and see just how good I have it. When the worst things going on around me personally are not having enough money for home projects, losing sleep from being up with my healthy baby boy, or arguing with Bob over what to have for dinner ( :) ) then I'd say I have it pretty good.

There are so many people around me, or that I hear of, that are going through situations that I fear for the day it comes knocking at my door. So many people that I love that are hurting right now. I am a fixer. I want to fix it for them. I want to take their pain away. Whether emotional, physical or both....oh how I wish I could fix it. But there's someone that can. Accepting Christ doesn't mean the pain will go away, that the situation will radically change. But Jesus takes that burden away. Does it mean you won't hurt? That the worst will not happen? Not at all. But the radical difference in your outlook on the situation, the hope in something greater than what rests on this earth....that makes it more bearable.

To those going through situations right now that seem so unbearable...call on Jesus. It'll be the greatest move you ever make. And remember...we're praying for you.

To those not facing the toughest of the tough....pray for those that are...

And look around at just how good you have it right now.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Amen to that!! What a great post!!