Friday

Confession #71

Today's confession is that I have a hard time moving on once someone has hurt me.

Do I forgive them? Yes.
Do I forget? No.

It's a flaw of mine and something I battle. When someone hurts me, and there is no sort of reconciliation, my thought is usually to just forget them. I tell myself that I don't need them. That if they hurt me and don't seem to care then they must not be worth reconciling with. The truth is...I hate being hurt so badly that I would rather just not have to worry about being hurt again. Lack of reconciliation drives me crazy. If I feel a situation is not settled, I find it hard to move on from that. To allow myself to continue to talk to the person that hurt me, because then I feel as though I am being fake to someone....knowing there is something that isn't quite finished.

This world is full of hurt and pain and there's no way I can run from it. I've been hurt by family, friends, co-workers and people I don't even know. It's something I have to learn how to get past. I'm working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and I hope I have never hurt you so bad that you could never forget. God wants us to forgive but I think if He wants us to forget, He would take that memory away. Love,Mom