Tuesday

Thanksgiving...

It's coming upon Thanksgiving (2 wonderfully short days away!) and I have heard many people request "What are YOU thankful for?"

There are so many things....and it's so hard to pick just one thing. The Lord, aBob (the "a" was a type-O, but I had to leave it in there) ;), Maleah, family, church family, friends, my job, my house, my food and clothing, my transportation....the list goes on and on. They may be obvious, sure, but I am no less thankful for these things.

One thing I am very thankful for is trials. Yep. That's right. I am thankful for the hard times in my life. Am I crazy? Possibly. But not about this. Blessings are nice, absolutely, but I feel that the trials we go through make the blessings we receive so much sweeter. If we never had to go through trials, we would not recognize blessings when we receive them.

Thank you, Lord, for sending trials my way. I hope they are handled in a way that is pleasing in your sight. Strengthen me for the next, Lord, though I can't see it, I know it will come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful to have you as my sister, we have shared so many things! We shared a room, we have wonderful parents, and a terrific brother, we have shared secrets, our lifes hopes and dreams, and we have even shared difficult times! I feel like I don't tell you enough that, I love you, I thank God for you, I am proud of you, and in many ways I look up to you!
Happy Thanksgiving to my sister, my friend!
I Love You!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

My prayer for you is that the good Lord does not feel the need to send you too many trials to go through, even if they are learning experiences.

But...he knows what we need and we'll rejoice no matter what we go through because we know that He has a plan!

Love ya!

Aunt Mary

Matt Bruning said...

I love this post. I read your blog often, but I rarely comment, but this one I will. You are so right about trials, they do bring out the blessings even more. For me it's always a good time to realize that God is still there and I still need him. I also learn from them.

Miranda, Chelsea and I are very blessed to have you and Bob as friends. Trials help us realize how precious you two are us and how much we value your friendship.

I hope you both have the most wonderful Thanksgiving ever with your "bigger" family. I know part of our Thanksgiving this year will be to thank God for family, health, and friends...you guys will be mentioned by name.