Wednesday

Experience It for Yourself

Pastor spoke this week from 1 Peter...and pointed out something that I had never even considered before.

1 Peter 1:12 says:

It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

You'd have to read the entire chapter to get the idea of the verse itself...but the emphasis on the last line....that is a very important line.

Peter is speaking of salvation. Angels do not know what it is to experience salvation. To feel that conviction, that calling of your heart, that desire to know Him. That feeling that no matter what happens...you KNOW what's going to happen. That feeling that your life is about MORE. More than anything this world can offer. Pastor pointed out that angels are not witnesses because they cannot testify as to what God did for them through salvation. They reside in Heaven. They worship God. But they have not experienced SALVATION.

I have. I could explain the feeling to you. I could explain it to this day, for I remember that day like no other. I cannot tell you the date, but the date doesn't matter to me. That change in my heart and in my life...that's what matters to me. I could explain to you how my heart was thumping so hard in my chest that I thought it would burst. That I felt that if I didn't walk up to that altar that very moment that something amazing was going to pass me by. That going to that altar released so much from me that I didn't know I was carrying, and gave me something that I cannot put into words. I completely let go....

But if you haven't experienced that then you just won't understand.

If you don't understand...then I pray that someday you will. Then it will all make sense.

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

I loved Pastor's analogy of the "kiss". You could try to define or even explain how a kiss works; until you experience it yourself you'll never understand.

Knowing Jesus is a feeling like no other. It is peace that passes understanding. It is joy that overwhelms your heart, even when you're sad. It is knowing that even though I could never do enough to deserve grace, Christ still gives it freely to all who accept him!