Tuesday

A Rant!

I know it's not very polite or Christian of me to say that people are dumb....but I am going to say it anyway.

People are dumb!

Bobby's car got broken into (for the third time!)....why? Because people are dumb.

A young boy lost his life Sunday in a shooting...why? Because people are dumb. He was shot over taking a bale of hay.

Scientists say we should be able to marry robots by 2050...why? Because people will. Why? Because people are dumb.

I'm sorry...but I look at the things that go on around us day to day...and this is my conclusion. The things we all care about...the things we focus on...when our focus should be on God. It should be on the things that DO matter after this life is over. I cannot take anything with me. I cannot believe that someone will go to prison over a bale of hay. A bale of hay! The things that matter to us in this world....it's sad really. Fast forward to the end of your life....it could be today...it could be 50 years from now....and what matters to you? Your possessions? Your job? Your money? Your house? Your car? I am willing to bet no. We should all focus on the things that should really, truly matter to us. The people in our lives. The God that created us.

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

What motivates people to do things like break into cars, kill people, and marry robots???

People do things because they're bored, afraid, lonely, angry, and a hundred other different reasons.

People's actions can be so goofy - only further proving their need for Christ.

Anonymous said...

I agree some people are not that bright!! When did our world come down to, if someone does somethin wrong to you just shoot them???? It is so sad that our beautiful children have to grow up in such a hate filled world! I'm so glad that we have God and one another to try to show them better!!