Tuesday

Verses of the Day...

On my iGoogle page...I have BibleGateway's verse of the day. They actually give 3 verses...(not sure why)....but I love them! Here are today's.

Psalm 19:14
“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

***Maybe God is telling me I shouldn't call people dumb. :) People aren't dumb...some people are dumb. ;) Kidding! (Well, sort of.) I believe the words you speak are a reflection of your heart...and I always want people to see God's light in me by the words I speak.

2 Samuel 7:22
“How great you are, O Sovereign LORD! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

***God is awesome. Above everything in this world. He is AMAZING. If you don't know Him...I wish you would.

Romans 12:2
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

***This world is an awful, horrible, evil place...so deceptive....but when you accept Christ you are transformed...you are made new. Inside and out. The world tests you...but knowing that God is greater than this awful place...knowing that His will is greater than this...it somehow makes it all worth it.

My Lord, my God...you are amazing. I praise you for your Holiness, God. Thank you that this world is not my home....because if all I had was this evil place to look to, and nothing more, I don't think I could continue, God. Thank you for saving me with your amazing Grace. May I give you my All, Lord.

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

People aren't dumb, but their actions are sometimes! :)

The "There is no one like you" part of the 2nd verse makes me think of "No One Like You" by David Crowder Band/Barlow Girl. I love both versions of that song.

This world is a scary place. You and I were talking last night about how much different the world feels when it is night as opposed to day. Things are hidden by the darkness, evil takes place in the darkness, etc. Being in darkness is scary; both literally and figuratively speaking.

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing! But you were right too. People are DUMB!!!!!!!!