Saturday

Confession #4

Songs....apparently my hearing is horrible. Bob cracks up at me all the time for what I "think" a song is saying vs. what it actually says....Examples:

"Dude looks like a lady..." was always "Do it like a lady..." ...Do what exactly? I don't know! I honestly couldn't tell you any more words to that entire song!...

During the Singing Christmas Tree at our church, we sang a song that said "Sing we all Noel" and I thought they sang "Sing we on the rock"....

Bryan White had a song that said "Puttin' pennies on a train track..." and I thought he said "Puttin' panties on a train track..." ... I always wondered why such a good, clean guy would write such junk....

Casting Crown's song goes "When the stone was just the right size to put the giant on the ground..." and I thought it said "When the stone washes a ratzlaff and put the giant on the ground..." I had NO IDEA what it meant, but that is exactly what it sounded like to me!

And then Kutless' song says "You are my strong tower" and I thought it said "You are my September".

Maybe I need my hearing checked...or maybe, just MAYBE, I am not the only one making these errors...I am just the only one that will confess....If you are carrying this burden, and would like to confess, please post your errors as well! It may be bad for the reputation, but man, it sure feels good!!!

No comments: