Thursday

Confession #9

I'm a middle child. That's right. A middle child. So somewhere during my life I felt as though I was lacking in the attention department. I think all middle children probably feel this way...it has nothing to do with the parents. So what does a child do when she wants attention??? She schemes up ways to get it!

One time I waited until everyone else was awake in the house...then I made myself fall out of bed hard enough to make a thump, dreaming that everyone would run in to see if I was ok...What really happened??? I fell out, laid on the floor for a few minutes...waiting......and you know what??? NO ONE CAME! That's right! Apparently I didn't thump hard enough!

I also used to dream up ways in elementary school of getting hurt. The night before school I would lay in bed and think...if I could run across the asphalt and somehow "trip" enough to skin my leg or arm or bump my head so that it wouldn't hurt me too badly but enough to where I could go to the office to get a bandaid or ice...that would be great! I didn't do it often enough for anyone to get suspicious...but you always got extra attention when you had that bag of ice! :)

I remember a birthday I had when Stacy & Bobby got me a birthday card and it said "We lucked out because we got you"...and I started to cry because I thought it meant they were UNlucky to have me as a sister. "Lucking out" does not sound like a good thing!

So I'm a little "emotional" and...sure...sometimes "high maintenance", but atleast my stories are good!

3 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

I think saying, "at least my stories are good" is selling yourself short. You're more than just a funny story. Besides "high maintenance" is another way of saying that you have high standards and "emotional" is another way of saying that you are very passionate about things. I've always said that!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have tooo many scars from all that!!!

Anonymous said...

Who knew all the scheming that went on in your head! I have to say though that you are a wonderful sister and a giving and loving person! Love you! Stacy