Wednesday

Confession #8

I do this very weird number/letter/math thing....I do it in my head all day long, without even thinking about doing it. I probably do it more than I realize. I'll explain...

Each letter of the alphabet is assigned a # according to their sequence: a=1, b=2....z=26, then what usually happens is while I'm not thinking a word may appear on a road sign or a piece of paper, a magazine...anything. This is what I do...

STOP...
S=19
T=20
O=15
P=16

Then see how to make the #s multiples of five:
S=19+1=20
T=20
O=15
P=16-1=15

Then add the numbers:
20+20+15+15=70

Then I see what the multiples of 70 are:
1,2,5,7,10,35,70

I do it all the time in my head without thinking about it...I do it to license plates and everything. Must just keep my brain working when there's nothing else going on!

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

I still don't get all of that stuff. Numbers have no place in my life. Oh, what about that male/female number thing you do. That's weird too. :)