Sunday

Confession #5

I hate worms. They totally freak me out. They are SO gross. Last night Bob & I took Maleah for a walk. She was snoozing by the time we got home, so we decided to go see how Emily's tree was doing...It was around 7pm. We went down to her tree and were down there for probably 5 minutes. The ground was really wet and muddy, but I didn't think anything of it. All of a sudden it hit me that there was this distinct noise all around me. I suddenly realized what it was, and ran back to the cement and out of the grass. GROSS! How creepy that you can HEAR them in the ground. Have you ever stopped and listened to that??? It is so DISGUSTING!!!! It reminds me of another story...

I was maybe 16 or so, and it was raining but our dog, Cujo, needed water. I got his jug of water ready and took it down the hill....About 1/2 way down the hill it occurred to me that the worms were EVERYWHERE. Again, that DISGUSTING noise!!!!! I was afraid to take another single step. I would pour some water from the jug on a spot on the grass and then step on that spot, assuming I had scared the worms away. Once I got to the bottom of the hill, I stood by his pen for a long time, maybe 10 minutes, just waiting for my mom or dad to notice that I didn't come back in....They didn't notice! So I took of flying up the hill as fast as I could. Ew, Ew, Ew, Ew, EEEEWWWWWWW!!! Only after I reached the patio did it occur to me how easily I could have slipped on the wet grass and ended up crawling with them. SO GROSS!!!

No comments: