Wednesday

Confession #15

Fear and Dogs:

When I was in Kindergarten we lived on Knowles Avenue...that's just right down by the paper mill. Our neighbor up the street, Phyllis, had to take me to school one day. I don't remember why. Anyway, I was terrified of dogs and there was a dog over by the kindergarten entrance to Tiffin. Little white thing, but it scared me to death! So we were heading for the main entrance doors. The dog came running over, so of course I tried to run from it. So there I am in the walk up to the main entrance...running in circles, screaming, the dog behind me, chasing me. I have no idea how I got out of that situation...However, I DO remember fantasizing for years after about that particular incident, and how if I would have just run for the doors instead of in circles, I could have run in the school, and maybe, just maybe that dumb dog would have gotten smashed by the door. Gruesome, yes, but they scared me to death!

So fast forward a couple years to second grade. I am now attending McArthur Elementary. Our bus pulls up to the school, and lo and behold there is a dog at the entrance to the school. Of course! Why wouldn't there be??? So what do I do??? I get carried in to the school by the bus driver, Mrs. Seymour. I always thought she was mean as a kid....but turns out she was pretty nice. :)

Somewhere along the line, I got used to dogs. Thank goodness. Imagine Bob having to carry me everywhere just because of a dog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor sister! I am sitting here crying because I am laughing so hard! You should write a book about this stuff! I love you! Stacy

Bob Speakman said...

You might have to carry me around. You are more comfortable around dogs now than I am!