Monday

Confession #11

When I was little, I always had this instinct to hide from people...cars...anything that passed by the house. I would duck below the porch rail, hide behind a tree, do whatever I could do to not be seen. It became an impulse...Act first, think later. I don't know why I did it...I just did. (I am reminding myself right now that telling these things about myself is therapeutic in some way.)

It wasn't long after Bob and I got married...we were still in the apartment...He had this webcam that he loved using. He was talking with Matt and had the webcam on. We had ordered pizza. The delivery man came to the door, and, for whatEVER reason, I felt that urge to hide. Act first, think later. So I ducked behind the counter. Bob got the pizza, everything was good. Everything anyway until Matt asked Bob what I was doing. He had seen me on the webcam hiding from the delivery guy! Could Bob bve kind to his new wife and tell him I dropped something, or that I was looking for something??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That would ease the humiliation I would suffer! Nope. He told Matt what I had done. I shake my head. To this day I do not like the pizza delivery person to see me. I don't duck behind any more counters though. Now I just stay out of eyesight. Learned my lesson that day.

And Bobby, if you read this, don't you dare laugh! You would hide behind a 12" tall pine tree in the front yard! :)

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

I did have a good excuse for you too. Matt asked, "Did she see a mouse or something?" and I could have said yes. I didn't. It was just too funny! Sorry hon. I would still do it today!

Paul/Bobby said...

Okay, so I did laugh at this, but only because I was thinking the whole time of how I used to do it, too.

I'll never figure out why we did it, though.