Wednesday

Confession #20

I'm a scaredy cat. Don't know if that's the right way to spell it, but that is most definately what I am. I have an over-active imagination. I am almost 26 years old, and it's unbelievable, sometimes I feel like I'm 4!...No, wait...I think I'm even more scared than 4 year olds!

I hate dark rooms...so when I'm walking thru the house and it's dark...I sometimes get this feeling that someone's behind me...so I run to the room that Bob is in. Yes, it's true. I RUN. I shut all the curtains before dark...especially if I'm the only one home, for fear of what may be out there. I cannot walk to a dark window at night for fear of what may be looking back at me.

The cabin that Bob and I always rent this weekend in May is a beautiful cabin with lots of windows...which is good until it's dark. Then all of a sudden I feel like I'm on display...and something evil is out there watching...waiting...Creepy!

Last night was a perfect example of what a chicken I am. We had our curtains open because it was warm in the house. We woke up about 345 to the power going off and back on, and what sounded like a gun shot. No lie, it sounded like a gun shot. So then I realize I have a full bladder...and I just could NOT bring myself to stand up and walk out of the room...because the curtains were open. Bob said it was probably the transformer...but would I listen? NO. I was convinced someone was out there with a gun and if I stood up they'd see me. Poor Bob had to stand up and go around the room just to shut the curtains for me. He's so sweet! I'm so glad he still loves me despite this sort of stuff!

I hope the rest of you still like me after you read this!

3 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

I miss our cabin. It feels so weird not going. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have Maleah than go on a trip. It is just hard to let go. The thought of those creepy uncovered windows helps though.

By the way...when I went and closed the curtains it WAS a man with a gun, but I shook my head no at him and he ran. I didn't want to scare you! :)

I love you despite of these things! Honestly, I love you because of these things.

Anonymous said...

Like you? Are you kidding? I LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

I lived with you for years and shared a bedroom with you and I LOVE YOU!!!