Tuesday

Confession #25

Food.

Everyone who REALLY knows me knows that food is a big issue for me. Whether it's sharing it or eating it. It takes me FOREVER to eat anything. I eat very slowly. Partly just because I like to and partly because I can't help it. I don't like eating most meats...they're difficult to chew. Lots of food gets stuck in my teeth, and I don't like that either. But like everything else...I have a weird way of eating...

I don't ever BITE into my sandwiches...

Peanut Butter (NO JELLY) - I have to make pb half sandwiches, spreading a thin amount of peanut butter on bread, folding it in half. Then I tear the crust off. I start with the top because it's my least favorite. Then work my way down. From there, I tear my sandwich in half, so my 2 halves are equal. I proceed to squeeze each half, from the inside to the outside, nibbling the peanut butter that oozes out around the sides. I will do this with each half and save the squished, flattened piece of bread for last. :)

Lunchmeat Sandwiches - I tear into bites, eating all bites with crust first. Save the middle for last. And it MUST have deli-sliced cheese! Swiss and turkey on wheat...mmmm, mmmm, good!

Grilled Cheese - MUST be cut in 4 triangles. From there I tear the 2 pieces of bread apart, first eating the side that has NO cheese. Then I will eat the side with the cheese on it.

Hamburgers - I eat them plain with just cheese, sometimes dipping them in ketchup. I will eat the part of the bun with burger first. If there is a section of bun that is just bread and melted cheese...that I save for last. It's the best part.

Hot Dogs - Ah...the exception to the rule. I HAVE to bite into these if they are on bun. I will smother them in ketchup, then take a bite just down to the hot dog, leaving just bread and cheese, which I tear off and dip into the ketchup over the rest of the hot dog. When I eat them bunless...hehe...I will split them down the center, melt cheese in the cracks, and dip (smother) in ketchup!

"MEALS"

Actual meals I have to eat one side at a time. If it's a burger and fries...the fries go first because they taste the worst if they just sit out. If it's a main dish with 2 sides, I eat the vegetable first (or cottage cheese) and then the potato (it almost always is) and THEN I'll eat the main dish. Why? Usually my main dish of my meal is my least favorite part...so if I get filled up on sides...it's no big deal!

I pick the hamburger out of my hamburger helper and let Bob eat it.

I don't use hamburger in my spaghetti.

Cereal

Have to eat it fast! Once it gets soggy, it's getting dumped in the trash!

Ritz Crackers/Cheez Waffies

They have cheese in the middle...YUMMY! I have to twist them apart...eat the cracker/waffie with NO cheese on it...or the least amount if I've twisted it badly...and THEN I eat the good half!

Cheetos...I suck all the cheese off and make it soggy before I can chew and swallow. LOVE MY CHEESE!

Well, I guess that is enough weirdness to share for now! I FEEL BETTER...and maybe even a little hungry! :)

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

Holy Granoli! I knew you always had different ways of eating all of your foods, but it was easier to "digest" when it was one at a time. I don't know if I can "stomach" this list. It is cute though!