Thursday

Confession #30

There was one day...a LONG time ago...when my family came up from Alabama to visit. This was when my Aunt Pat*T was still married to my Uncle Steve...so I was in elementary school. Maybe around 2nd/3rd grade. Anyway, they got in town and Uncle Steve said we're all going to play hooky tomorrow! Everyone was VERY excited! So the next day came, and I would watch EVERYTIME a grown-up would go outside...go down to the basement...and all day long I waited...and waited...and waited...I waited to play hooky. I figured it must be a pretty awesome game for everyone to be SO excited about it! Dumb old me! No one told me that hooky was just cutting school! I was VERY disappointed that we weren't playing a game! :(

I tell ya, I'm an idiot sometimes! Well....maybe a little more than that... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT an idiot. You are sweet and innocent!

Bob Speakman said...

It is very cute! :) You and I can play hooky any time! I've got sick time available!