Saturday

Confession #23

Gym...the good, the bad, and...well...the bad.

I hated high school. It was awful. I was teased and made fun of, so I spent the majority of my years trying to blend into the background, not making a peep, just trying to get by unnoticed. Most days it worked...some days it didn't...

Gym class...9th grade...We start of my year with gym class filled with people I don't know that are mostly "cool" kids. Our first gym sport to play was soccer. We were outside doing drills with the ball, taking turns kicking into the net. It was getting closer to my turn and I was getting anxious. My turn came up, and I went to kick the ball, and......fell. Tripped over my own dumb foot and fell down. I hadn't even been running...I was standing still! But that's not the worst part. The worst part was that when I fell I yelled "WOOOAAAHHHH!!!!" Sure, it's funny now. Laugh all you want, but that earned me misery for the 1st half of my freshman year!

Gym class...10th grade...Here we go again! ANOTHER gym class filled with the "popular kids" and me off somewhere to the side. One of our sports that year was hockey. We played indoor hockey in the school's rubber gym. Plastic sticks...foam balls...AND I was actually pretty good! It was nice to have something I was good at. So, we're in gym class, and we're all going for the ball. I don't hold back here either :) We all hit the ball and all of a sudden it disappears. Completely. It's not on the floor...no one stole it...it's nowhere to be found! We're all turning around in circles looking for it. And then....it fell out of my shorts! Apparently when we all hit it, it shot straight up my shorts! I was the culprit! I think it was the only time in my 2 years that I actually had fun in gym class. It was something we all laughed about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh until it hurts!

Stacy said...

I LOVE YOU!! My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!