Saturday

Confession #29

I killed a bird. That's right. And the worst part is, I feel so bad about it!

We were on our way to the Feast last night...Bob, Maleah and myself. We're driving down Mulberry Street, just about to pass Matt's house. There's this really cute little birdie sitting in the middle of the road. I'm probably going about 20 mph, and figure he'll fly away, so I don't start braking or anything. I'm getting closer, closer, closer....and he just sits there and looks at me. I thought I missed him as my car went over him...but he must have tried to fly away at the very last second. I look in my rearview mirror...and there he is, flattened on the road. Another bird flew over to it in that second. He had to watch the whole thing happen! I went to the tanning bed first thing this morning, and sure enough, there he was...flat as a pancake on the road. Poor bird :( I can't say he didn't know what hit him, because he saw my beast of a car coming. :( Bob said "I didn't feel a bump or anything." That's because my giant tires squashed him like a bug! Poor little birdie! Thank goodness Maleah doesn't know what her mommy did!

I have a past with killing animals....Not too long after we moved into our house, I was turning onto our road (in the MIDDLE of town!) and I ran over a turtle! Ew! I heard the crunch and everything! I felt bad about that too, but atleast I didn't see him looking at me in his final moments!

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

I still hold to the fact that the one bird was standing over top of another bird that was already dead. Then he flew away at the last second and then came back to it afterward. At least it wasn't like that buzzard we saw eating...

I unfortunately have killed a few animals in my time. I've killed a deer, a "taco bell" dog, and a bird once too. I won't say all of the animals that dad has killed with his death vehicles. Let's just say no animal is safe around him. Even kissing raccoons...and no Matt, you weren't there!

Anonymous said...

I killed a squirrel on my way to school one day, and i cried and cried...i felt so horrible!