Friday

Bob's Confessions #1

Miranda asked me to start doing my own "confession" posts on Fridays. She, in turn, will be doing the 3BT (Three Beautiful Things) on my blog. So here goes nothing...

My first confession is probably one of my most embarrassing. It is all about music.

First of all, I used to love rap music. Not just any rap music, but particularly "East Coast" rap. I loved Puff Daddy (aka P. Diddy, aka Diddy, aka Puff Diddy-do-it, etc.), Ma$e, Notorious B.I.G., and an occasional Jay Z "joint"... Sorry. Anyhow... that was my music. I stopped when 1) I realized that I'm a Christian that shouldn't be listening to it and 2) I looked in the mirror.

Secondly, and most embarrassing... boy bands. nSYNC and 98 Degrees were my favorites. I actually purchased an nSYNC cd (the one with Bye, Bye, Bye) and told the clerk "my girlfriend is making me buy it". I am ashamed. I still do this day believe that vocally that was a great cd and had some really catchy tunes. Either way, I no longer own it. 98 Degrees was at least somewhat respectable because they were men. If this provides any redemption I never liked the Backstreet Boys! They were just goofy.

Miranda still claims that the worse one of all that I liked was a group called Plus One. I thought I could listen to them because they were a Christian group. They also were on the Disney channel music videos. They also really don't sing too many "Christian" songs.

That's it. Mock accordingly...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Plus One. Saw them in concert twice. Have their autograph on my wall. Have a big advertisement sign on my pool room wall.

Aunt Mary

Randi said...

My husband, everyone!

He liked NSYNC more than I did! He liked 98 Degrees more than I did! I however must confess that I DID own a Backstreet Boys CD...but I was also a teenage GIRL! :) AND I don't like the music now....unlike some ;)

Oh, Bob, and don't forget Stacie Orrico!