Wednesday

Confession #67

Heart....

I was talking to a co-worker Angie about spelling in school and it reminded me of a particular 3rd grade incident that happened...

We were working on our spelling words in Mrs. Graves' 3rd grade class (I remember the pod like it was yesterday!). One of the words we had on our list was "heart". Me, being the logical, and supposedly literal, person that I am, went straight up to Mrs. Graves at her desk and told her that Ronnie (another boy in class) was spelling his name wrong. She asked why. I told her heart is spelled H-E-A-R-T and his last name was "Rinehart".

I felt dumb when she told me that he was right, that names could be different. It was a sad feeling... :(

Oh yeah...and speaking of spelling, it really bothers me that a child's toy is spelled playskool because I think it teaches kids to misspell the word "school". Also, why does the "R" in Toys 'R Us have to backwards???? That doesn't teach kids anything either!

Ok...now I'm done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pod ! It was pretty kool!!

Anonymous said...

I never got to experience The Pod!