Tuesday

Emily...

I miss her. I miss her so much. My heart breaks when I hear someone speak her name. It's been so long...and yet not long enough. I still remember all to well the feelings and the hurt and the pain...even today I cannot reflect too much because it hurts so badly. But she's a beautiful angel now. Above anything in this world...she is dwelling with God and someday I know I will be with her...

I explain to Maleah what the tree in the backyard is for. She has a big sister who is watching over her. Someday she'll understand....

God has a plan above anything we can expect or plan for ourselves. Don't ask 'why' when something happens...because it will all be revealed in God's time. And you can find comfort in that. I have. I didn't want the loss. I didn't ask for it. I only expected it in my own fearful mind. But it happened. And I trust God in the "why"...so there's no need to ask.

I praise Him for all the blessings and the hardships. I heard a quote this weekend:

"Without a test you have no testimony."

God has put me through a test...and because I have trusted Him I now have a testimony...and can help others in need.

Thank you Lord for that blessing.

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

People probably thought that when we had Maleah that we would just stop hurting or just forget about Emily. Not even close. I love Maleah, but Emily was ours too. She was on her way. She was going to be ours...then she wasn't.

I still hurt over the pain of that horrible loss, but God gives me comfort when I need it. Sometimes it comes in the way of feeling His presence. Sometimes it is an encouraging word from a friend.

Sometimes in comes in the shape of a little baby girl named Maleah - who warms my heart and helps me remember Emily for the person that she could have been.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since we lost Emily, it still seems like just yesterday! It still breaks my heart to think about that day, but it warms my heart to know that Maleah & Kaitlyn have a special angel watching over them! Their big sister & cousin Emily!! GOD will help our hearts heal in time!
I Love You Guys!
Stacy