Wednesday

Christmas....

My boss and I were talking a few days ago about all the nostalgia associated with Christmas. It seems like everyone has things that they do or watch or listen to that take them back to their fondest memories of Christmas.

My biggest one is The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas albums. My mom and dad would always play their songs on Christmas morning while we were opening our gifts. Every year, right before Christmas, it is a MUST to listen to those songs! Happy Christmas Eve, Christmas Carol, It's Christmas....these are some of the songs that I hear and it immediately takes me back to home as a child. I remember sitting in the living room at night with all the lights off and the tree lit, just enjoying the moment. Christmas is by far the most wonderful time of the year....it's definately the most magical.

I also have to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and even Garfield Christmas (It was on ABC Family last night actually). These were some of the most watched shows in our house. We also would sit in the living room and listen to the Scooby Doo Christmas on the stereo as well as the songs about Mixie-Pixie, I'm Gettin' Nothin' for Christmas, Alvin & the Chipmunks, etc. These were routine things we did almost every year.

I think of these every year, and still try to watch and listen to all I can that takes me back to those days. Not that I can complain about these days...we'll create memories for Maleah and Alex that I hope they will carry with them throughout their lives as well.

:) Merry Christmas! :)

2 comments:

Michael O'Neal said...

The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas album definitely takes me back--absolutely love "Jesus Is Born Today."

Anonymous said...

I love The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas! "Happy Christmas Eve", "Jesus Is Born Today", and "Thank God For Kids" are my favorites!