Friday

Live Like You Were Dying

The month of November at church we did a series "Live Like You Were Dying". We had devotionals, it was the focus of Sunday School and Pastor did his sermons on the topic as well. It's a fantastic series, and I would recommend it to anyone.

It really makes you reflect...if I had only 30 days to live...what would I do?

I realized I wouldn't care to go sight-seeing, I wouldn't want to go around the world (or just the country) and see beautiful sights, I wouldn't try daring things such as jumping out of an airplane, I wouldn't even care to go to the ocean one last time. Though I don't fault those who would WANT to do those things, I can't take those experiences with me anyways, so to me....what would be the point???

So what WOULD I want to do? What I should be doing now. Spending time with those I love. Telling everyone I can about Jesus. About His Saving Grace. About how very easy it is to receive salvation. About the truth in Him. It's hard to do. Suprisingly harder when it's people that are close to you. I have dear friends and family whom I have not actually TALKED to about Jesus. What do I have to be afraid of? They aren't rejecting ME...they're rejecting HIM. I have to have faith in knowing that I cannot save them, but I MUST make sure they KNOW.

Funny how the world gets in the way of these things.
This has been a weird week for me. I haven't let it get me down. I WON'T let it get me down. I can't please everyone, and as much as I would LOVE to get along with everyone...this week has shown that that will probably never happen. No matter what my intentions are...other's intentions may be different. So all I can do is live my life with no regrets, express apologies and ask forgiveness where necessary, and forgive others who have wronged me so badly and hurt me so deeply that they will never understand. That's hard to do. That's what I am working on now. Please pray for me for this. I want to be all the Lord would have me to be...and I don't want to get in His way.


Thanks for listening. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good post! "Live Like You Were Dying" is really a good mind set to have.You would hold your loved ones tighter, you would pray harder and know without a doubt that God knows you, you would be more happy, you would decide what is really important in your life and let everything else go, you wouldn't leave things that needed to be said unsaid, you would tell everyone you love how you feel about them, you wouldn't dwell in the past you would live for the moment, you wouldn't let peoples bad moods or bad intentions get you down because you know that life is too short to even pay it any mind, but most of all you could die knowing that you have no regrets because you lived your life the way it is supposed to be,and that you made the absolute most out of the time you had. I guess that maybe the world would be a much happier place to be and to live in if we all "Lived Like We Were Dying". Miranda thanks for sharing this post, it really makes you think!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. And AMEN!!!!