Tuesday

Beautiful Girl

There's a movie they show on ABC Family called Beautiful Girl. A girl who is so comfortable with who she is has all she could ask for...a wonderful fiance, a fantastic job, great friends and family...and while trying on wedding dresses runs into a girl from high school who does pageants. She decides to enter the pageant to win a trip for her honeymoon. During the pageant process and the bickerings with this high school rival, she loses herself a bit. She becomes focused on her looks...on looking better...and forgets that just a short while ago she was perfectly content with who she was, and confident as could be.

That happens too often today. We may be perfectly happy being ourselves, until someone comes along that we allow to bother us. We stop focusing on what's important and begin to focus on things that in the end don't really matter at all. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone. People who know my story know that. It's tough. And plastering 100 lb. girls on every magazine doesn't help. But in the end, does it matter? Was it worth it?

I have a friend that I have always looked up to because she was comfortable with who she was. No one ever bothered her. She was confident and sure of herself. I desired that for my own life so badly as I went through various struggles. She was exactly what I wanted to be. I wanted that comfort and confidence in myself. I didn't want to worry about what other people thought or said.

Someday I'll get there. It's a struggle...but God's on my side. :)

Thanks for listening! :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am right there with you! I struggle everyday, weight, beauty, am I a good enough wife, mother, daughter, sister, and what other people think or say about me? It is harder some days than others, but I am working on it everyday! I figure that if I am just the best that I can be I'm doing ok!?!

Unknown said...

I FINALLY realized that if God loves me like I am, then nobody else's opinion of me matters.