Friday

Confession #47

Spots on a mirror.

You like it? It's a new poem I am going to write.

I look into the mirror, and what do I see?
Spots! On the mirror, right in front of me!
These crazy little spots, they never go away!
I try to ignore them, I'll get them another day.
But they're always there, they won't leave me alone.
I see those spots every day, and I sigh and I moan.
I guess I'll get the Windex and give it a good clean.
I hate those stupid spots. You know, they're really mean!


Kidding. Totally joking. That's not it!

At home we always had spots on our mirrors in the bathroom. Not that they didn't get cleaned...it's just hard to keep a mirror clean with 2 working parents and 3 children. We had a large mirror above the bathroom sink, and another long mirror on the back of the door. I used to constantly pay attention to the spots that ended up on those mirrors. It was sometimes my job to clean them as part of our chores and I would just marvel at those spots. What was so incredibly fascinating about the spots? Nothing to anyone else. But to me...I couldn't get over the amazement that no matter where on the mirror I looked there were always 2 duplicated spots. It was AMAZING! How in the world did each spot on the mirror have a second spot right next to it that looked EXACTLY the same???? I was baffled. I truly believe that I was a teenager (and sad to say probably atleast 15) before I realized that I was seeing each spot's reflection in the mirror.

How have I ever survived with this idiocy???? I tell ya!

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

You crack me up. You've lost your mind with that whole poem thing, but you crack me up! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so precious!! Love,Mom