Wednesday

Holy Ground

We had our church dedication Sunday. During the service we sang the song "Holy Ground". I don't know what it is about that song, but it means soooo much to me. It's an awesome song, and I really feel God's presence all around me when we sing it. The last time we sang it was during our Easter service. It's an awesome song. I am totally in His presence when I hear it. I couldn't even sing the words, because if I started, the tears would flow. It felt like He was right there...standing right next to me. I truly believe I was standing in His presence.

Have you ever felt His presence? If not, I pray there will come a day you do...for it is an indescribable feeling to know He is right there...He is that close...There are no fears, worries...everything is washed away in that single moment...nothing else matters but Him.

Please take a moment, read these words...hopefully they touch you the way they do me.

HOLY GROUND

As I walked through the door I sensed his presence
And I knew this was a place where love abounds
For this is the temple, jehovah God abides here
And we are standing in his presence
On holy ground

We are standing on holy ground
And I know there are angels all around
Let us praise Jesus now
We are standing in his presence
On holy ground

In his presence there is joy beyond measure
And at his feet peace of mind can still be found
If you have a need, I know He has the answer
Reach out and claim it for we are standing
On holy ground

We are standing on holy ground
And I know there are angels all around
Let us praise, Jesus now
We we are standing in his presence
On holy ground


We are standing on holy ground
And I know there are angels all around
Let us praise, Jesus now
We we are standing in his presence
We we are standing in his presence
We we are standing in his presence
On holy ground

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

Great post. I love that song too. It is almost like the song itself invites God into our service. We should sing it every Sunday! :)

Unknown said...

It always reminds me of how insignificant I am compared to God. There is nowhere that is holy just because I'm there. Isn't God awesome!