Wednesday

Keep Your Eyes on Jesus

This is just a little reminder. We probably don't hear it enough, though we've heard it before. We are supposed to live as Jesus lived...we are supposed to model our lives after him...However, inevitably, we will fail. We will let people down. Regardless of how much we go to church, we're all sinners. So don't look at me and judge the church, or others, just look at Jesus. People will let you down. It's a guarantee. They will fall. They are not perfect. Don't base your church-going decisions on them...what they have done, or haven't, or what they have said, or haven't....Base it upon Jesus. He's the one person that will never fail you. He is perfect. He is Holy. Keep your eyes on him...and you'll stay on the path God wants you on. Guarantee it.

Don't watch me. I'll let you down too.

There's a song they play on KLove. The lyrics begin like this:

Don't look at me if you're looking for perfection
Don't look at me I will only let you down
I'll do my best to point you in the right direction
But don't look at me
No, no, no
Don't look at me, look at Him

3 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

It is so important to remember that we shouldn't model our lives after the people around us, but after Jesus.

Randi said...

That's why I wrote it! :)

Bob Speakman said...

This is yet another classic example of me agreeing with you and you thinking I am trying to re-write what you're saying! :)