Monday

Missing Maleah

Mondays are the worst. I hate coming back to work and leaving Maleah at home. I spent the last 3 full days will her, and giving her up, even for 9 hours, is the hardest thing I do all week. For those mothers who've never had to leave your baby every day and go to work, you probably don't understand the severity of the hurt. But for those of you that are in my shoes....You know how I feel. I don't want to be here. I love my job. Very much. But Maleah entering my life has changed so many things. I want to be home. I want to be there...watching her play, sleep, cry, eat, fuss, bounce, jump, laugh, smile, giggle, give out baby hugs, pull my hair....I want to be there. I ache. I see her pictures all over my office and I ache. I want to throw in the towel and run home.

Mondays stink.

But Man, I LOVE my girl! :) She was MY GIRL all day yesterday. Wanted Mommy. Sweet as candy she was. Just loving me. Fussed when I left the room (both good and bad). I got her cracking up laughing too...that's always a blast. :)

I just miss her.....

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

She was your girl yesterday. At one point it was just me and Maleah... She was doing fine. She was singing and bouncing on my lap. Then she caught a glimpse of mommy in the doorway. Who wants generic macaroni and cheese when you see Kraft sitting on the same shelf?

Anonymous said...

Just being away from your child for any length of time is hard, for 1hr. or 10hrs.,it's hard. I know that one day soon I will have to get a job outside of the home, and it will be so hard for me to be away from my baby that I spend 24 hrs a day with!