Monday

Our New Church

We had our first service in our new church yesterday. The building itself is beautiful. I personally enjoyed the bathrooms with 4 - 5 times the number of stalls as well as the wider hallways, which made it much easier to get around. It's the little things in life...What I enjoyed most was Worship and Sunday School. I enjoyed them as much as any other Sunday. I think that made me the happiest of all. The building was needed. How else can we grow? But it's great that the building wasn't the FOCUS. God's Word was the focus. God was the focus. Christ was the focus. Worship. Communication. Understanding. Relating to one another. Talking about issues. Our likes. Our dislikes. These are things we can do anywhere...and for that I am thankful. I praise the Lord that this building will not be our focus. It's a place to worship, to meet, to learn God's Word...so we can go out and share it with others. That is the point of it, after all!

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

Well put. The Spirit clearly had no difficult time finding our new building. :)