Monday

There will come a day...

I was laying in bed last night, thinking. I was staring out at the tree tops. There will come a day when I won't be here to see the tree tops and the night sky. To feel the wind across my face. To feel the warmth of sunshine on my skin, or snuggle up in a soft, warm, cozy blanket. It's never really bothered me before. So what if I was not going to forever be on this horrible planet filled with sin and destruction. What comes after is so much better! Then suddenly it hit me...there will come a day when I won't be able to hold my precious baby anymore. To see her smiling face. Hear her giggle and laugh. There will come a day when "forever" with Bob will end. There will come a day where all of those that I know and love with be no more...

I don't mean to sound so....down....or so dependent on this earth for my happiness. I am just constantly being reminded of how short life is. It is short, isn't it? Think about how we spend our days...There are so many things now that looking back Bob and I wish we would have done. Have we lost our chance? No. But we have lost time. Time that we could have spent doing other things. Not that we didn't enjoy that time together...but it could have been better spent as well.

Too many times we live life trying to make ourselves happy. And for what? What is it that matters? A lifetime sounds like a long time, but it's not. I am just one more person living on this earth. One of billions. What makes me so important from anyone else? Nothing. Do I stand out? No. Will I have a huge memorial when I pass away? No. Will I make it into the history books? Nope. No matter how important you think you are...you are as disposable as the next person. So what are you going to do with your life? Spend it making yourself happy? Look around. Take a nice long hard look around. What have you missed out on? What could you be doing at this very moment? We should never delay, because our time will come like a thief in the night, just as Christ will come. On that day we'll have no more chances to right our wrongs.

I praise God that my life is spent for Him. I'm not always as faithful in my Bible study as a should be, but He has given me a core desire to know Him as deeply as I can. I miss Him when I am not in His word. I miss Him when I forget to stop and pray. I don't want to desire this world when my time comes. I want to leave this world with a smile on my face, knowing Eternity is ahead of me.

He is my desire. My life is His. Maleah is His. I am His. Are you?

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

You kind of reminded me of Solomon a little bit your post. I was just reading Ecclesiastes this morning and it always strikes a chord inside me. He talked about how basically everything here is pointless. We can enjoy the things God has given us, but must remember the bigger picture.

Thank you for that post. It made me sad, it made me happy, but most importantly it made me appreciate you even more. I understand what little time we have here on earth should be precious...and I understand that we should be "Heavenly minded" in our thoughts as well.