Tuesday

Confession #59

Speaking of Melissa...here's another one...

I apologize to my mom before she even reads this...This is one of a couple deep confessions I've been holding onto....

One other time I stayed at Melissa's house and we were going to the movies. I had never been on a date before, and we were going to be sneaky and have her mom drop us off at the theatre, where we would meet up with Melissa's boyfriend Matt and my "date" Scott. We were on our way...I wasn't too happy...It was going to be a "date" but I didn't even KNOW the dude...and it became increasingly obvious that her mom was tagging along. We stopped at McDonald's, bought the food and her mom hid it in her purse. From there we went to the movies, where she stayed with us.

We walked in, and there were the guys (nope, Melissa's mom didn't know about Matt at that point either), so we darted into the bathrooms where we hid until her mom went ahead into the movie theatre. Then we told the guys we couldn't sit with them and that we were sorry (still didn't know the dude at ALL).

So my all technical first "date" included not talking to the dude and him sitting 3 rows in front of me with my best friend's boyfriend.

Thankfully I never got to know him. I don't think he was my type anyhow. :)

Oh, and I'm sorry I never told you this before!

2 comments:

Bob Speakman said...

I'm going to pay "Scott" a visit one of these days! Then again...if you had dated him we may not be together. You'd be Mrs. Miranda Scott and you would have a daughter named Saharra Olentangy . Sad...

Anonymous said...

You kept secrets from me? I am such a failure as a mother.