Tuesday

Stepping on Toes

My good friend Chelsea said it best when she said "I am TIRED of being the quiet Christian. There is a better way, a more effective way, to do what God has put me here to do. Why am I wasting time not stepping on toes?"

She got me thinking....As Christians we SHOULD be stepping on toes. It's imperative in our Christian walk to not sit on the side and be the quiet Christian. We do not have to worry about following the PC guidelines...because Christianity in and of itself is not PC anymore. So toes....prepare to be stepped on!

There's this thing called the Romans Road to Salvation. Romans is a wonderful, incredible, awesome book in the Bible. See if any of the statements pertain to you and see your answers through God's word...

But I've done too many bad things....or....I've seen how the christians act, I'm better than that!....

Romans 3:10 - As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."

But I'm a good person....or....I don't do bad things....

Romans 3:23 - "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."

Come on, I won't go to hell....or....You're telling me that if I don't believe what you're Bible says, that's it for me?....

Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

And you're saying Christ died for me?....or....He didn't even know me!....

Romans 5:8 - "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

So how does this whole thing work?....

Romans 10:9-10 - "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

So it's that simple?...

Romans 10:13 - "...for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ABC's:

A - Admit that you are a sinner.
B - Believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son, was a sinless man who conquered death that we may have eternal life.
C - Confess your sins and accept him into your heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the thing. We're all sinners. I'm no better than anyone else. None of us are. Salvation is attainable for anyone who opens their heart to God and is willing to step out in faith and trust Him. Please do that today. If you don't know Christ as your personal Savior, consider the words above. Open the book of Romans and read through. It's AMAZING how much God loves us. Step out and feel that love. Open your heart to Him and BELIEVE. It's incredible. He loves you SOOO much.

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

I love how you spread it out before us... It is like a buffet of truth and love! Honestly, you couldn't have put it together better than that.

We do need to be louder. Not obnoxious loud, but at least loud enough to be heard. We're the silent majority. We're scared, quiet, and backwards. We don't stand up for what we believe in and we don't give out the right message through our actions. We're too docile...remember Christ is the Lamb, but He is also the Lamb.