Monday

Watered Down

Pastor was speaking yesterday on how some Christians today are watered down. They're afraid of offending someone, anyone, everyone...they're afraid of stepping on toes and conscious of being PC about everything. He pointed out yesterday that Christianity is not PC. Thank you, Pastor! How funny that I had JUST posted that this past week. People are afraid to tell someone they're a sinner, to talk about sin, to talk about death, hell, anything "negative". They want the message to be positive. Well, what's more positive than my Savior dying on the cross for MY sins so that I could live eternally in Heaven? He died out of love. For me. And YOU.

Maybe not everyone likes that they have to tell someone when they're living in sin. Maybe not everyone likes that there are consequences for their actions, for their lifestyle. But you know what? That doesn't matter. Like it or not, it is what it is. God is God. Jesus is His Son, he died for you, and whether you accept that or not, he STILL died for you. People are afraid to tell someone that Jesus Christ IS THE way to Heaven...because some say it's not fair to say there's only one way.

I praise God that there is a way. I am undeserving. Like everyone else, I am a sinner. I am. You are. We ALL are. God didn't have to provide a way out. He didn't HAVE to sacrifice Jesus on that cross. But He did. Because He loves us. He loves me. He loves you.

My life is God's. I REFUSE to be watered down. I will step on toes. I will not be PC. I will tell you how much He loves you. I will remind you that Jesus died for you. I will not be too pushy, and push you away. I will pray for you. I will not apologize for my faith.

It is amazing when you trust the Lord...when you give Him your life. I hope that if you are reading this and you don't know Him, that you will.

1 comment:

Bob Speakman said...

I love this post. Why is it when other organizations have messages of hate or destruction they get the microphone to themselves, but if you tell someone that we're ALL sinners you're offensive. Christianity is becoming so watered down. We're supposed to be the "salt of the earth", but we're becoming more and more bland by the minute.

I hate this "feel good" message that is being preached. Don't offend...don't talk about sin...talk about goodness and love and how we're all accepted and you need God because you need a pick me up...

You NEED God because you NEED God. You need Him to live eternally. You need Him to fill the void in your soul. You need Him because you know you need Him. You need Him because you're a sinner. You need Him. Period.

You're right about there being only one way. Why is that offensive? Do you think that other religions feel different about their own faith? Of course not. What makes ours different?

Our God is a living God - there were thousands of eye witnesses to the resurrection of Jesus. He lives. Because I believe in that fact and that I put my faith in Jesus makes me saved.

Ponder this... How many ways can we get into a professional football game? One. We obtain a ticket and we're let into the game. The same goes for Heaven. The difference? Jesus already paid for your ticket. You just have to accept it from Him. Once you accept the ticket it will be waiting for you at the front gate. :)